To run a successful online business, one needs to integrate a payment gateway on its website. Before integration prepares for the compliance process to ensure that the website complies with Banks’ or Payment Processors’ Regulations, to accept online payments. Though the compliance process may take up a significant amount of time but when you prepare for it wisely, you can shorten it
Wondering what you can do? to make it quick and smooth.
Below are lists of information you need to implement, to integrate atom payment gateway on your website, let us begin with explaining them to you in details:
1. About Us page: let your ideas flow free. This is where people will know about you, your journey, your products or solution, your clients and most importantly, how far you have come!
2. Contact Us: this part of the website is very vital for the company’s growth. It should consist of all the phone number the company has, your official e-mail id, your postal address and don’t forget to include you working days and time. This will give your customers clarity on your business timing therefore not raising unwanted expectation.
3. Transparent Terms and Conditions: It is always advisable to be transparent with reference to the company’s terms and condition so that the customers are aware with regards to their rights and avoid any customer uncertainty and misunderstanding. Pre-defined terms and condition are always a win-win situation for both the seller and the buyer.
5. Product and Pricing details: everyone fancies a website that has no hidden pricing policy, don’t we? Why not practice what you preach! It is advisable to have competitive or a psychological pricing policy for all your products and have a small write-up, supporting the product description and the price for the same. It is better to openly disclose updated pricing information for public speculation rather than a hidden policy wherein your customer a mini heart-attack every time they reach the check-out page.
6. Cancellation Policy/ Refund and Return Policy: often a miss out by most online players, this policy can do wonders to your business, if disclosed upon! The price of the product that online retailers sell somehow contain the shipping charges and other miscellaneous add-on’s too and therefore keeping such cancelation and refund and return policy play a role that benefits both the seller and the buyer.
To run your business smoothly do remember to implement the timelines involved within which one can cancel the booking of a product or service and mention the mode of refund payment. Also, address questions like who will bear the cost of the return, how will the product be collected in case of return and many more.
For e.g. will it be a partial refund or a full refund, how will the refunds be initiated and within what time frame can a customer expect the refund to reach them. If catering to customers internationally do address issues like any restrictions or cap you have based on the country and the location for a product or service?
7. Shipping & Delivery Policy: below is the list that online retailers must disclose in their shipping and delivery policy:
- Does the product contain additional shipping or handling fee?
- If yes, please mention the cost involved?
- How long will it take the product or service to reach the customer’s doorstep? Overnight, Express, etc.
- Does your shipping policy provide international shipping or is it just domestic?
- Mention an estimated delivery date and time.
- Last but not least, do mention if there is any restriction that you must abide by based on country, location and product or service!
8. Disclaimer: the disclaimer section on your website must contain your business module that specifies any statement intended to agree or restrict the scope of rights and obligations that may be exercised and enforced by parties in a legally recognized relationship.
To conclude, the above-stated pointers will enable your website to comply with the bank’s or Payment Processors’ Regulations and give a lot of transparency to buyers! Including a FAQ page is also not a bad idea, but also not a requisite. Though the whole process could seem a lengthy and time-consuming one, it will surely help your business address dispute that may arise in the future!
Still, have a question? Contact our Support Team available 24*7. We’re happy to help!